Technology Trends 2021, The development of world Technology continues to develop from time to time, especially the Covid-19 pandemic is increasingly growing the trend of digitizing technology, where almost all work is done online at home. No doubt, the world community is also required to be aware of the current rate of change and technological progress. Then, what technology trends will stand out in 2021? Keeping up with technological developments, of course, will never end. The era of digitalization of technology that is currently developing allows the world community to be technology literate. In today’s technological era, there are many discoveries that have led to fundamental changes in human life.
Technology, apart from being able to facilitate various human activities, cannot be denied that it also creates its own threats starting from the level of personal data security and others. So, so that you can be tech literate, here are the technology trends in 2021:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) or Machine Learning is a new technology trend known for its excellence in image and speech recognition, navigation applications, smartphone personal assistants, vehicle sharing applications, and many more. AI is also widely used by various industrial sectors in the current technological era and it is possible to create new industries from programming, testing, support and maintenance.
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a software technology that works automatically which can be used to interpret applications, process transactions, handle data, and even reply to emails. RPA is positively able to facilitate a variety of jobs and analyze them quickly and accurately as well as foster career opportunities for many professionals in the IT field. On the other hand, the presence of RPA will take a lot of human work which is taken over by this machine.
- Digital transformation creates new technologies, one of which is the hybrid cloud. Hybrid cloud is a combination of public cloud and private cloud. Usually, organizations or companies store sensitive data using private cloud services, while other services are stored in public computing services. Hybrid cloud is widely used by various technology-based companies to increase security and resilience in their business. Indonesia was chosen by Google to be the basis for the development of this cloud technology service data center.
- Edge Computing (EC) previously cloud computing has become mainstream, with major players dominating the market. The adoption of cloud computing or Edge Computing (EC) continues to grow with major players such as AWS (Amazon Web Services), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Quantum computing is a form of computing that makes use of quantum phenomena such as superposition and quantum entanglement. This technology is also involved in preventing the spread of the coronavirus, and in developing potential vaccines, thanks to its ability to question, monitor, analyze and act on data with ease, whatever the source. Quantum computing is also widely used by the banking and other financial industries to manage credit risk, for high-frequency trading and fraud detection.
- Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR), and Extended Reality (ER) are other trends in 2021 technology. Where, in the process VR immerses the user in an environment while AR enhances their environment. This technology trend is mainly used for gaming, this technology trend is also used for training, as is VirtualShip, the simulation software used to train captains of US Navy, Army and Coast Guard ships. AR and VR have enormous potential in training, entertainment, education, marketing, and even after injury rehabilitation in medicine.
Those are the Technology Trends in 2021.